Bandim Online is a marketplace where local and international businesses and consumers can buy fresh produce (fruit, vegetables, fish…) and crafts, wholesale or retail, from farmers and artisans in Guinea Bissau in 1 click from their smartphones.
This e-commerce site has many benefits for both producers and consumers:
- High quality nutrition for better health by helping consumers access seasonal produce.
- Fair and equitable pricing through minimising the number of intermediaries
- Sustainable employment for producers while enhancing their business know-how and ability to organise themselves into cooperatives to develop conservation, transformation and e-commerce solutions.
- Promotion of legal and regulated employment.
- Sales, deliveries and online payments all compliant with regulation.
The start-up also offers a delivery service adapted to its personal or professional customers, both nationally and internationally.
Types of support
Bandim Online won the national competition to represent Guinea Bissau in the 2017 Orange Social Venture Prize Africa & Middle East.