AnemiApp is a mobile health app for the treatment of sickle cell disease in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). This is a chronic disease. In DRC alone, there are more than 26 million people with the “SS” gene and more than 700,000 people suffering from anemia.
Anemiapp enables people to:
- Find the care centres and blood banks closest to them.
- Create awareness among loved ones.
- Find where electrophoresis tests are carried out: to understand whether someone is at risk of giving birth to a child with sickle cell anemia (50 to 75% of children born with the disease die before the age of 5 years).
- List and geolocate health centres and pharmacies licensed to dispense medicine.
- Receive advice and guidance for managing sickle cell disease in everyday life.
Types of support
Orange Digital Ventures 2018 international finalist.