The 10th Orange Social Venture Prize has honoured 6 start-ups among the 18 finalists. This year, there are two new prizes, the International Women’s Prize and a Special 10th Anniversary Prize. The winners were revealed during a virtual awards ceremony held at the annual AfricaCom conference, chaired by Élisabeth Tchoungui, Executive Director CSR, Diversity and Philanthropy and Deputy Chair of the Orange Foundation, along with Alioune Ndiaye, CEO of Orange Middle East and Africa. Congratulations to the 2020 winners and all participants!
And the winners of OSVP 2020 are…
International Grand Prix
- 1st prize: Ahkili, a Tunisian start-up with a revolutionary mental health telephone phone service which aims to be an effective alternative to a physical appointment.
- 2nd prize: Teliman, the first on-demand taxi-moto service in Bamako, Mali, connecting urban commuters with professional drivers.
- 3rd prize: Weeglo offers a multi-platform learning solution that provides low-cost access to quality education. This is proving effective in Liberia, where education has been disrupted due to the civil war and more recently the Covid-19 crisis.
International Women’s Prize
New to 2020, the International Women’s Prize was awarded to the Ahmini that makes it easier for women in rural Tunisia to access social security and healthcare.
Special 10th Anniversary Prize
Toto Riibô is a meal-order service delivering food made by talented female chefs to corporate employees in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso.
Jury’s Favourite Prize
The ICT company SOBATIC, based in Burkina Faso, won the jury’s prize due to the social impact of its solution. It designs, supplies and teaches people to use IT tools adapted to people with visual impairments.
POESAM 2020 in 5 key figures
- 17 countries take part in POESAM
- 1,300 applications
- 41 national winners
- 23% of projects are led by or benefit women
- 5 prizes awarded:
- International Prize:
- 1st prize: €25,000
- 2nd prize: €15,000
- 3rd prize: €10,000
- International Women’s Prize:
- Special 10th Anniversary Prize:
- International Prize:
Does your start-up offer digital solutions with a strong social or environmental impact? Don’t miss the opportunity to let the world know about it! Registration for OSVP 2021 will open in March 2021.